|First Appearance||Manga Chapter 1|
Anime Episode 1
|Date of Birth||May 11 (Taurus)|
|Nickname(s)||The Crimson Blade of Noihara (title)|
Crimson Blade (shortened title)
"Cat Princess" (Rinko)
|Likes||Dango (especially sweet dango)|
|Relatives||Sawako Amakawa (caretaker, deceased)|
Gennosuke Amakawa (caretaker, deceased)
Himari Noihara is the eponymous female protagonist of Omamori Himari. She is a cat demon (a bakeneko) who swore an oath to protect the male protagonist Yuuto Amakawa from the enemy Ayakashi when he turns sixteen. The oath traces back to her ancestor, whose life was spared by the ancestor of the Amakawa Family.
Himari appears as a young Japanese woman in her adolescent years with abuxom figure. She has long black hair with a blue tint that extends all the way down to her hips, with several bangs hanging over her forehead and side bangs that frame her face (longer bangs in the anime). She usually wears her hair in a long ponytail with a pink bow holding it in place. Her original form is a white cat, and in both forms she sports violet eyes.
At school, her uniform is different from the school uniforms Yuuto and Rinko wear, wearing a crimson red blazer over a white button-down shirt with red accents and a yellow ribbon tied in a bow, a black (or red if not wearing the blazer) pleated skirt, black thigh-high stockings, and brown dress shoes. For sleepwear, she wears a light blue yukata with a scarlet red obi sash.
Himari rarely wears any Western clothing (save for her school uniform), as her main wardrobe usually consists of various kimonos. For footwear, she usually wears either geta or brown heeled boots, the latter which she wears in combat situations. During her time at the beach, she wore a red bikini top with dark red accents and a matching low-rise bottom with ribbons on her hips. In the Return to Noihara Arc, she wore a white summer dress with a red ribbon between her breasts and white sandals. While working at Cafe Relish, she wears the standard maid uniform, with the addition of her revealing her cat ears and tail (since cat-eared maids are common in maid cafes, it is also the perfect place to show them without attracting any suspicious attention). During the Tama and Shuten-doji Arc, she wears a brand new set of winter clothes, consisting of a winter jacket over a long-sleeved turtleneck sweater with a cross pattern on her chest, a pleated plaid skirt, and heeled boots with buckles over black thigh-high stockings.
In the Return of Ageha Arc, Himari was turned into a child between the ages of 6 and 7 as a result of Kuesu's magic. Initially, she had small breasts (which, to Rinko's joy, are smaller than hers), but regrew them when she shifted from her cat form in an attempt to return to normal. For the remainder of the arc, she wears one of Shizuku's clothes, which consists of a white sailor dress with red accents and detached sleeves, a yellow ascot, and brown boots.
Himari was shown to be a kind and loyal person to her young master and almost anyone, but when someone hurts someone she cares about she will kill them in cold blood. She seem to be very seductive toward her young master and has intense feelings for him.
- Transformation: As a bakeneko, Himari possesses shapeshifting abilities, transforming from cat to human or in between (a catgirl), the latter which is mainly used for combat situations. However, both her cat and catgirl forms cause Yuuto's cat allergies to react. She can also speak in her cat form, which is shown various times throughout the series. A downside to this is that her body remains naked upon transforming from her cat form to her human form.
- Superhuman Abilities: As an ayakashi, Himari possesses various superhuman abilities, such as speed, strength, endurance, and agility, all of which easily surpasses Rinko's despite her being the most athletic student in school. Her catgirl form increases these abilities.
- Expert Swordsmanship: Himari has expert swordsmanship due to her being highly proficient with her Yasutsuna. She is also quite skilled with other weapons as well, such as using a bokken to kill a makuragaeshi that possessed Rinko in the manga and a scythe against Ageha in the anime.
- Extensive Knowledge: Himari has an extensive knowledge of other ayakashi, being able to discern their species at first glance.
- Cat Instincts: As she is a cat, she possesses some of their natural instincts, such as having a fear of water (although, she has no problems with taking a shower or bathing in a small pond. Rinko speculates that Himari is afraid of deep water, water in quantity), a penchant for seafood (she once suggested in chapter 15 that she and Yuuto have sashimi for dinner), and being incredibly sensitive to winter temperatures.
- Berserker Mode: When Himari loses her sanity during a fight, her ayakashi blood takes over, causing her to go on a berserker rampage. This is depicted by her having red eyes, an uncontrollable bloodlust, and (in the anime only) a dark aura surrounding her body. Her strength is nearly doubled in this form, being able to cut a Daidarabotchi's arm off in a single slice. Shizuku claims that even though her kind were domesticated over the past hundred years, their natural killing instincts still lay dormant, and also claims that her berserker mode may be her true self. She also warns Yuuto that the more she fights, the more she will be drawn to her kind's natural instincts.
- Ayakashi Himari: Ayakashi Himari (妖緋鞠) is Himari's demonic form that debuted in the final episode of the first season. This form is similar to her catgirl form, with the addition of her gaining white hair, pale skin with black markings, red claws from her fingernails, and a bushier tail. In addition to her increased demon powers, Himari's ayakashi form has the ability to perform powerful claw swipes from a distance. However, the loss of her personality transforms Himari into a deadly berserker, unable to distinguish friend from foe. This form was used to defeat Tama in her nine-tailed fox form.
- Super Himari: Super Himari (スーパー緋鞠 Sūpā Himari) is Himari's powered-up form when she wields her Light Ferry-imbued Yasutsuna. In addition to her retaining her catgirl form, Himari also gains a brand new set of revealing samurai-like armor, consisting of a black chestplate with scarlet red accents and wide, detached sleeves, a blue-and-white obi, a scarlet hair bow, and black thigh-high boots. The chestplate is open at her breasts, giving view to her cleavage. In this form, Himari has the ability to levitate and can slice the strongest ayakashi in two with a single blow. This form was used to defeat Shuten-doji in his Oni form.
Yuuto is Himari's master and though she keeps trying to push her feelings aside, she actually feels strong love for him. She is known to protect him under any and all circumstances, as shown in episode 11 when she risked her own safety by transforming into Ayakashi Himari.
Yuuto's grandfather and the person who made her swear the oath to protect Yuuto.
Rinko sees Himari as a rival for Yuuto's feelings.
Although initially hostile, Shizuku has since become allies and even friends.
Himari initially opposed Kuesu and even fights her to near-death at some point, but have since become allies.
- Himari's hair color differs slightly between her anime and manga counterparts.
- Himari has a total of 6 different outfits worn in the anime.